Friday, March 30, 2012

Telling The World…


I’ve come out as trans to my parents and friends, which all went really well and I couldn’t be happier about that. Here’s how things went down… well it all started the last Saturday in February when my mom said “Andrew, what’s wrong?” to which I replied “nothing, why?” (Which wasn’t true I really wanting to tell her “Mom, Im transgender”) She said “nothing, you just seem like you want to say something that’s all.”

That follow Monday my mother had surgery to remove her gallbladder, the day after my mother had the operation (February 28, 2012) I was sitting on her bed watching TV with her and she asked again “Are you sure there’s nothing you want to tell me?” I replied “Mom if I tell you something do you promise that you will always love me and not be mad at me?” To which she said “Of course Andrew, you’re my child and I’ll love you no matter what, and I promise not to get mad” then I said “ok well the thing is my whole life I have always felt like a girl on the inside and I want to start the process of transitioning.”

We talked for a while after that and everything was ok; she also told me that she would work on my dad to see how he would react to the news…

On March 12, 2012 is the day I told my dad. I started by saying “Dad I need to tell you something, my whole life I have felt different on the inside than on the outside…” to which he interrupted me by saying “Andrew its ok I know and understand. I love you as you are and I will just have to get used to saying my daughter.” Then we hugged and that was that, I was so happy.

All the friends I told were fine with it as well no problems, I didn’t lose a friendship or nothing. I was happy about that too.

Until my next entry,
Love Always,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.