Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Open Door….


A new door, or I should say a new opportunity has presented itself to me in recent days. This opportunity actually has to do with transitioning. I have come to find out that in the country of Sweden that once you are diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder you are then covered by the national health care system which covers everything with the exception of things that are consider cosmetic surgeries nose jobs, breast implants, things of that nature, though that being said im having a hard time find information on that outside of the once source that I have found.

With the exception of the prices for the cosmetic surgeries you would end up paying somewhere around $3,600.00 compare that to the $100,000.00 that I would pay here you can see the allure of becoming a Swedish citizen so you can transition… However I would be in a foreign country alone having a surgeries that will change my life forever, I would miss my friends but most of all I would miss my mom and dad you can see why im conflicted. On one had I could personally afford my transition, I would be living somewhere where I have wanted to live my whole life (i.e. Europe) but I would not have my family with me. What’s a person to do?

One thing I know for sure is that im going to have the surgery here in the US or in Europe…

There will be more on this topic to come as I figure things out …

Until my next entry,
Love Always,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.